This Tint Meter is a versatile and handy device that can be used to check the transparency and sun-blocking capabilities of different window materials.
This device measures light transmittance on auto glass, windows, insulation paper, organic material, painting, coating material, film, glass and plastic sheet. The meter can also measure the sun blocking capabilities of window curtains/treatments. Police and inspection stations can use it to measure the total visible light transmittance (VLT) of glass on vehicles for safety/code enforcement.
The unit is comprised of 2 halves that are placed on either side of the material to be measured. Each half aligns with each other magnetically, and a suction cup is included on one side to hold it in place.
- Measures light transmittance for automotive windows, insulation paper, organic material, painting, coating material, film, glass and plastic sheet.
- Measures sun-blocking capabilities of window curtains.
- Used by police and inspection stations to measure the total visible light transmittance (VLT).
- Auto power off: Conserves battery life.
- Battery life: Can perform 4,000 continuous measurements.
- Continuous use function: Can be used continuously without the need to restart after each measurement.
- Auto data hold function: Automatically holds the data after measurement for easier reading.
- Display: 3-digit LCD. The maximum display value is up to 999.
- Dimension: 107x60x30mm
- Weight: Approximately 135g.
- Battery: 3V CR2032 X 2 (one per each device)
- Operation temperature and humidity: 0 oC to 50oC, <80%RH(no condensation)
- Storage temperature and humidity: -70ºC to 50ºC, <80%RH
|Measurement Range of Transmittance||0% -100%|
|Measurement Range of Thickness||0mm-6.5mm(0"-1/4")|
|Accuracy||±2% (Calibration and traceable light source A 2856˚K )|
|Response time||4 seconds|
Accuracy is indicated as [% rdg + dgt].
Environmental conditions at 23°C ± 5°C with RH < 80%.